Getting brave here....And can anyone think of a shorter name??? LOL!
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. frozen seasoning blend
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1 small zuccini, diced
- 1 c. broccoli florets
- 1 c. fresh green beans, cut into 1" pieces
- 6-8 c. water or vegetable broth
- 1/3 c. pearled barley, uncooked
- 1/4 c. fresh dry lentils
- 1 can beans OR 1 c. dry beans, pre-soaked if dry
- 1/3 cup tomato paste, sauce, or crushed tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste (I used Mrs. Dash instead of pepper.)
- 1/8 tsp celery seed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- (optional) 2 large handfuls of kale, ribs removed, chopped spoon-sized. ADDED LAST.
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Saute seasoning blend and parsnips until onions beginto color & soften.
- Add squash and continue to saute for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, green beans, liquid, barley, lentils, beans, tomato product, and spices.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer for about an hour or until all grains & legumes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add Kale about 30 minutes into your simmer.
- Simmer until all ingrediients are tender.