Pages

16 February 2011

Seven bean & barley soup

OK so I got about a pound of Whole Food's bulk 7 bean & barley mix. I rinsed the mix really good & drained it. Then I sauteed 1 cup chopped onions & 1 tsp garlic.. Then I tossed it in the Crockpot on low over night with:


  • 2 cups chicken stock (ok. not EXACTLY on the diet, but better than consuming a pound of meat that hurts to digest...)
  • 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp of regular Mrs. Dash


At about noon today I steamed:

  • a few handfuls of kale (stems off and leaves broken into small pieces) and 
  • 1 cup of chopped broccoli


Then I threw that in and turned it up to high for 4 hours.

Final result: An amazing soup that even George liked (though he said it needed meat... damned carnivore husband!), Kaelyn asked for seconds, and I froze half so I wouldn't eat it all tonight LOL!

Healthy eating can be yummy!! I PROMISE!!!!

 Photobucket

0 comments:

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.