Pages

08 June 2009

My Cheater Spaghetti :)

Today's Menu
Spaghetti and Garlic breadPhotobucket
I broke a rule and started my spaghetti with a jar of sauce, but this came out SOOO good so it was worth it on a tired day..I think the flavor came from my new find $1 pre-seasoned turkey burger.. Italian flavored!


The Recipe
  • 1 lb italian seasoned turkey burger ($1)
  • 1 can (23 oz?) garlic & onion spaghetti sauce ($1)
  • 1 can italian seasoned diced tomatoes (45¢)
  • 1 lb angel hair pasta ($1)
  • 1 loaf french bread ($1)
  • 1/4 softened butter (pennies)
  • salt free garlic & herb seasoning (pennies)
  • pinch of Italian seasonings (pennies)
  • Parmesan cheese (to top both) (50¢)
  1. Start a large pot of water boiling.
  2. Brown turkey burger in large sauce pan and drain, if necessary.
  3. Add sauce and tomatoes (lightly crush by hand or spoon before adding)
  4. Season and simmer for 15 minutes.
  5. Meanwhile salt the boiled water and time the addition of pasta properly.
  6. Slice loaf of bread to create two long halves, mix butter and seasonings and spread onto loaf.
  7. Sprinkle with Parmesan
  8. Bake in oven at 400 degrees until cheese is browned.
  9. Boil angel hair for about 4 minutes for al dente.. THAT'S IT! angel hair is a thin pasta and overcooks easily.
I mix my pasta and sauce together. To me it gives it a better evenness of sauce and it makes the sauce last as long as the pasta. I hate running out of sauce!
Total $5.00. We all had seconds and he has lunch tomorrow.


printer friendly version

0 comments:

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.