Spaghetti and Garlic bread
I broke a rule and started my spaghetti with a jar of sauce, but this came out SOOO good so it was worth it on a tired day..I think the flavor came from my new find $1 pre-seasoned turkey burger.. Italian flavored!
- 1 lb italian seasoned turkey burger ($1)
- 1 can (23 oz?) garlic & onion spaghetti sauce ($1)
- 1 can italian seasoned diced tomatoes (45¢)
- 1 lb angel hair pasta ($1)
- 1 loaf french bread ($1)
- 1/4 softened butter (pennies)
- salt free garlic & herb seasoning (pennies)
- pinch of Italian seasonings (pennies)
- Parmesan cheese (to top both) (50¢)
- Start a large pot of water boiling.
- Brown turkey burger in large sauce pan and drain, if necessary.
- Add sauce and tomatoes (lightly crush by hand or spoon before adding)
- Season and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile salt the boiled water and time the addition of pasta properly.
- Slice loaf of bread to create two long halves, mix butter and seasonings and spread onto loaf.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees until cheese is browned.
- Boil angel hair for about 4 minutes for al dente.. THAT'S IT! angel hair is a thin pasta and overcooks easily.
Total $5.00. We all had seconds and he has lunch tomorrow.