Here's what I came up with:
Mexi-Vegi-Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1/2-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lb frozen cut broccoli
- 1/2 lb frozen mixed veggies
- 1-1 1/2 c frozen seasoning blend (I've been asked what this is :-) follow the link to see!)
- 1 T powdered chicken bouillon OR 3 c chicken broth
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t Mrs. Dash (yes, I was just throwing things in at this point)
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 chipotle in adobo, mashed to paste (optional- add more, less, or none to taste)
- 1 sm can of tomato paste
- 3-6 c boiling water (3 if you use broth, 6 if you use bouillon)
- 2-4 large tortillas, cut into 1" squares and lightly browned
- Set crock pot to hi for 6 hours or preheat a large soup pot on the stove.
- Lightly season chicken and brown in olive oil
- Add all ingredients (EXCEPT TORTILLAS) to pot.
- Simmer on low for 3-4 hours or cook on high in crock pot for 6.
- Add tortillas in the last 5-10 minute sof cooking on the stove, last 1/2-1 hour on the crock pot, or just add to bowl.
BUT remember.. it is SPICY from the chipotle!!! If you don;t like spicy skip it or start with 1/2 a pepper.