Pages

28 April 2010

National Infertility Week

Photobucket
It is National Infertility Week (April 24-May7)

Over 7 million Americans deal with reproductive issues. But as National Infertility Awareness Week kicks off, there are new medical developments and options that give couples hope.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 I have been fortunate to have 2 beautiful daughters, but I have lost two unknown souls as well. Suffering from secondary infertility is heartbreaking, but many women who are mothers in their hearts have no babies to shower that love on. FOrtunately I have met a great group of women who are always there to lend an ear when I need one. Unfortunately a lot of them are battling infertility.  Their as of yet unconceived are the most loved children in the universe... because they are wanted so badly.

Infertility hurts.

When you see a young childless couple.
When you see a coupple chasing their rowdy children in the park.

Don't make judgements. Don't assume they don't want children.

They might be one of my friends.. trying to conceive for months... a year... 2 years, 4 years, or maybe more.. but their womb remains empty.

Or maybe they got pregnant, only to lose it to miscarriage or an ectopic.

Or maybe that miracle grew to be a beautiful child in theor womb, but after thay had named him/her, decorated a nursery.. got swollen ankles, and was planning on one last trip to the doctor before delivery... found out their precious child no longer had a heart beat.

Don't assume they're "Glad they only have 2."

That couple might be me... who loves the 2 I have, misses the 2 I don;t have, and prays nightly for just one more chance.

Think before you speak. If you are unsure simply ask. "Are you planning on having any(more)children?" Might hurt but not as bad as "I bet you're glad you don't have any."

If you get a reply of "Yes, we're trying but we're having infertility issues." Don't say:

"It'll happen when it's time..."
"Just relax..."
"Maybe you're just not ready yet..."

or my personal favorite a month befoer my wedding when I lost our first child conceived together...
"Maybe God thinks you shoudl be married first."

Thank you for assuming you know God's plan for me and you know he has decided that my sinful ways have caused the death of my child.

If you don't know what to say, just say "I'm sorry." and we'll understand.

Infertility hurts.

Spread the word!






Photobucket

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

That video brought tears to my eyes! It was BEAUTIFUL!!

Unknown said...

Love you girl and you know how I feel on all of it..you were there for the 5 years it took to get our Jackson..love you

Christine said...

OMG I am currently bawling after watching that video. Time to get off the computer

Janessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janessa said...

Wow. Let me dry my eyes....
Okay! Everything you wrote is so so true, and very well put. And that video! Wow! If I ever decide to be more "out there" with our TTC efforts, I may use that video! Amazing. Thank you for sharing!

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.