Pages

18 August 2011

Gluten-Free Flour Mix

I have borrowed every GF cookbook my libary has. I have tried different mixes from heavy on rice, to heavy on sorghum, to heavy on cornstarch - this one was fluffy and so YUMMY - like a flour cake... next day it was like eating sawdust cake!

My favorite comes from the gluten free waffle recipe, so I just made a huge batch. I have determined that (so far) for the things I have made, it doesn't matter if I use potato starch or tapioca starch. So use what you can find of the two, just make sure it is STARCH and not a flour...




Dreamer's Alcove Favorite GF Flour Mix
6 cups brown rice flour
2 cups sorghum
2 cups potato or tapioca starch (not flour)

For a small batch (or to mix your own amount)

3/4 cups brown rice flour
1/4 cups sorghum
1/4 cups potato or tapioca starch (not flour)


Mix well until no streaks remain then use as regular flour.

Click here for "Tips for making GF recipes more "like you remember"!


Until later! Anne Marie
  Would you like a free tarot reading? Click here.

0 comments:

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.