Pages

19 September 2009

BBQ Rub Crock Chicken & Rice

Update: May 14, 2012
I'm tagging this post today because it has been a while since I made this recipe (it was also blogged before I took pictures for every meal - I'll try to add one this week!) and I added it to this week's menu. I am linking up with "Melts in your Mouth Monday's" from "Make Ahead Meals for Busy Mom's" because I remember my husband using those exact words when I made it.. "I want more! It melts in your mouth!"

Click to view the other 
Melt in Your Mouth Recipe links!

Original post: September 19, 2009
I made this rub a while back for some chicken and I don't think I ever blogged it. Haven't used it much because I don't own a grill, BUT it is yummy!

I put it on a whole chicken and threw it in a crock with soem instant rice and wow was it awesome!

Rub Ingredients:
  • 1/4 c brown sugar
  • 1/4 c salt
  • 1/4 c paprika
  • 3 T black pepper
  • 2 T garlic powder
  • 2 T onion powder
  • 1 t cayenne pepper
  • 1 t dried herb (basil, parsley, thyme..or just whatever you have handy)
Directions:
  1. Mix all together in a tightly sealing container. Good for 6 months... if it lasts that long.
Recipe Ingredients
  • 1 whole chicken (or whatever chicken forms you like LOL)
  • BBQ Rub to coat well
  • 2 cups instant rice
  • 1-2 c broth if using drier meat ike boneless skinless chicken
Directions:
  1. Rub chicken well with BBQ Rub, patting it in well.
  2. Spray crock bowl lightly with cooking spray.
  3. Put chicken (and broth if using) in crock pot; cover & set on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours (or covered in 350° oven for 2-3 hours)
  4. After 7 hours (3.5 for hi) have passed, remove the chicken (carefully it will be falling off the bones. and drain all liquid from crock.
  5. Drain fat off and add enough water to make 2 cups.
  6. Stir dry instant rice and water/basting mixture together and put in bottom of crock then add chicken back.
  7. Re-lid and cook for remaining time.
  8. IF USING OVEN: remove liquids and continue by floowing stove top directions for rice. Wrap chicken in foil to keep hot or leave in oven.


This week's Meal Plan


0 comments:

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.