I'm tagging this post today because it has been a while since I made this recipe (it was also blogged before I took pictures for every meal - I'll try to add one this week!) and I added it to this week's menu. I am linking up with "Melts in your Mouth Monday's" from "Make Ahead Meals for Busy Mom's" because I remember my husband using those exact words when I made it.. "I want more! It melts in your mouth!"
Click to view the other
Melt in Your Mouth Recipe links!
Original post: September 19, 2009
I made this rub a while back for some chicken and I don't think I ever blogged it. Haven't used it much because I don't own a grill, BUT it is yummy!
I put it on a whole chicken and threw it in a crock with soem instant rice and wow was it awesome!
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c salt
- 1/4 c paprika
- 3 T black pepper
- 2 T garlic powder
- 2 T onion powder
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t dried herb (basil, parsley, thyme..or just whatever you have handy)
- Mix all together in a tightly sealing container. Good for 6 months... if it lasts that long.
- 1 whole chicken (or whatever chicken forms you like LOL)
- BBQ Rub to coat well
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1-2 c broth if using drier meat ike boneless skinless chicken
- Rub chicken well with BBQ Rub, patting it in well.
- Spray crock bowl lightly with cooking spray.
- Put chicken (and broth if using) in crock pot; cover & set on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours (or covered in 350° oven for 2-3 hours)
- After 7 hours (3.5 for hi) have passed, remove the chicken (carefully it will be falling off the bones. and drain all liquid from crock.
- Drain fat off and add enough water to make 2 cups.
- Stir dry instant rice and water/basting mixture together and put in bottom of crock then add chicken back.
- Re-lid and cook for remaining time.
- IF USING OVEN: remove liquids and continue by floowing stove top directions for rice. Wrap chicken in foil to keep hot or leave in oven.
This week's Meal Plan