Pages

19 September 2009

Chuckwagon Stew

My friend Brandy found this recipe for me and of course I changed some things, but we love it! It is going to make 2 so $2 per meal!

Ingredients
  • 1 lb ground turkey sausage, browned
  • 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 3 potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
  • 1 shredded carrot (gotta get some veggies in them!)
  • 1 can (28 ounce size) barbecue baked beans
  • 1/4 bbq sauce
  • decent squirt of mustard
Directions:
  1. Place meat, sausage, onion, carrot, and potatoes into a slow cooker, and stir to distribute evenly.
  2. Spoon the baked beans evenly over the mixture.
  3. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or cook on High for 4 to 5 hours.
  4. OPTIONAL (see below): MIx mustard and BBQ sauce and stir in.
  5. Season to taste.
  6. Serve as is or eat over rice
** The reason the mustard and BBQ is there is because I found it a little bland and my aunt added burger, mustard and bbq sauce to her baked beans to "make them stretch" at a family gathering. When I thought it needed some "zing" that was my natural progression :) Don't let the mustard scare you off... you can't even taste it.

This week's Meal Plan

0 comments:

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.