Pages

04 September 2009

Confetti Pasta Salad

My kids loved the corn chowder. I got sooo many veggies in them because I called it Confetti soup! SO today CONFETTI PASTA SALAD! As I type this they are scarfing it down!

Make it vegetarian by omitting the chicken.... if its for a hard core "no dairy" vegetarian... I dunno what to do LOL!

  • 1 lb tri-color (garden) pasta
  • 1/2 c seasoning blend
  • 1 bag frozen mixed veggies
  • 1 small cucumber seeded and diced small
  • 8 oz fat free plain yogurt
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 1/4 c Italian dressing
  • 1 can chicken breast (12 0z) drained
  • Fresh and/or dried herbs and seasonings to taste
  • 1 cup cheese blend
Add-ins if you have/want it (we used all of this!):
  • 1 sm. zucchini, quartered and sliced thin (steam with veggies)
  • Grape/cherry tomatoes sliced in half (do not cook)
  • 4-5 small radishes grated
  • Raw shredded carrots for crunch

Preparation:
  1. Cook noodles, drain, and cool
  2. Saute seasoning blend and cool
  3. Steam mixed veggies and zucchini together and cool.
  4. Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix gently.

I'd say it was about.. $5?? Give or take a little, I had a lot of stuff hanging about ijn the freezer & pantry... and there is a bowl full left. I'll probably use it for a side tomorrow.

printable version

This week's Meal Plan

0 comments:

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.