Tonight? Crock Pot Red Beans & Rice. These have to be started the night before so the house already smells great!!
Crock-Pot Red Beans
(start this the night before for the perfect pot!)
- 1 lb Camilla's Red Kidney Beans (I just LIKE these better)
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt ( I know it sounds like a lot, trust me)
- 1 lb lean ground burger (turkey or beef)
- 1 cup frozen Seasoning Blend
- 1 lb lean sausage (try"Healthy Choices" turkey), sliced in 1/2 moons
- Seasonings (Tony's, pepper, salt, garlic powder) to taste
- Lots of water
- On the stove brown ground burger and seasoning blend until meat is cooked through and crumbly.
- In crock-pot add beans, salt, and all meat & seasoning blend.
- Add enough water to generously cover by at least 2-3 inches.
- Cook on low setting for 10 hours (overnight)
- After it returns to warm (in the morning), re-add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
- Taste for seasoning. You'll probably find that with the large amount of water and ingredients that the salt is a faint background taste. Add your favorite seasonings as necessary.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours to ensure flavors blend and beans are tender.