Green Soup: Revisited
(makes 2 servings)
- 1/4 c green lentils, soaked overnight (or as long as possible)
- 1/8 c barley (your preference of style)
- salt & spices to taste
- 2 c. chopped kale
- 1 sm zucchini sliced into rounds and quartered
- 1 c fresh or frozen peas
- 1 c (4-6 "heads") Brussels sprouts
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin and sauteed to brown (yummmmmm)
- Rinse lentils and put in small pot (i used my rice pot!) with enough water to cover by triple.
- Cook at a hard simmer/low boil for 30 minutes, then add rinsed barley and spices.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes until barley begins to cook, adding water as needed to maintain "soup" consistency.
- Add remaining veggies EXCEPT ONIONS, and continue to simmer until all is tender.
- Spoon out and top with some of the sauteed onions..