since I usually steal a slice (with a huge pat of real butter) anyway! This time I got the first one and it is SO light & fluffy!! I think it's better than making it the "normal" way!
Gluten Free Cornbread Recipe
- 1/2 c Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 c Sorghum Flour
- 1 c GF Corn Meal (optional : use Masa*)
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 c Melted Butter
- 1 1/4 c Milk
- 3 large or 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. If using a cast iron skillet as your baking dish, put in oven while preheating.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a dry bowl until well combined.
- Add in wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- When oven preheats, drop the separate pat of butter into the cast iron or into your 8-9" round cake pan. Return either pan to oven for 3 minutes to melt butter.
- When butter melts, swirl around the edges of the pan to coat, then pour in batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until it a toothpick in center tests clean.
* Since I served this cornbread with chili so I went with Masa for a slightly Tex-Mex flair. I also used Masa to thicken my chili and it came out GREAT!