Pages

23 June 2011

Gluten-Free Homemade Twin Bars

I found this recipe here @ "The Sweet Details" (CHECK OUT THIS BLOG!!!! Drooooollll!!!) and wanted to make it for father's day, so I adapted it to GF and slightly larger for the size pan I used.... I apparently also can't read because I just realized that I used sweetened condensed milk, but hey, it worked so I'm leaving it! LOL!


Please ignore his wheat laden Oreo Frosting topped
Confetti Cupcake that The Princess wanted to make him also....
FOCUS On the yummy wheat free "twix "bar!!




Gluten-Free Homemade Twin Bar Recipe

Makes ONE 12x8 disposable pan
(approx 24 "twix" size bars!)

Ingredients:

Base

  • 3/4 c. rice flour (I used brown)
  • 1/4 sorghum flour
  • 1/4 c. potato starch
  • 1/4 c finely ground flax seeds (optional)
  • (If you want to make this WITH gluten, skip above and use 1.5 cups of all purpose flour)
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3/4 c. butter, cubed &softened slightly (slightly less if skipping flax seeds)

Filling

  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 3 tbsp Corn Syrup
  • 3/4 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar


Topping

  • 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Line disposable pan with parchment paper, enough to go up sides where you are able to grab it. This will come in handy when it is ready to cut then re-store.
  3. Add dry ingredients to food processor or bowl and puplse or whisk until well combined.
  4. Add butter and pulse or mix until it resembles crumbs.
  5. Press all into parchment paper lined pan and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
  6. Combine all filling ingredients into a non stick saucepan and stir constantly till it boils. 
  7. Reduce heat to simmer and stir constantly for 5 minutes. 
  8. Immediately after removing base from overn, pour over hot base, and spread evenly **CAUTION: THIS CAN BURN YOU BADLY!! PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!!**
  9. Melt chocolate in microwave (30 seconds at a time & stirring until melted) and pour over hot filling and spread evenly.
  10. Allow to cool in fridge until set (1-2 hours). 
After it cools, grasp your parchment paper "handles" and pull the entire bar out of the pan. Allow it to set for 10 minutes at room temp then cut into bars. I cut mine in half longways then into long twix-like bars. Use the "handles" again to put it back into the pan (mine came with a lid and made storage a breeze!) I stored mine in the fridge, then set them out about 4-6 at a time to eat at room temperature.


Until later! Anne Marie

3 comments:

The Sweet Details said...

Oh that's so great! I'm glad you were able to still enjoy it!! I'm going to link on that post to your option because I know a lot of people would really appreciate it! Thanks for letting me know!!

Hey and if you'd be interested I'd love for you to do a guest post :)

dragondreamer said...

Amanda, I would love to!! I have been trying to adapt a lot of favorite foods (mostly desserts lol) to GF using accessible, affordable products. it would be fun to share my trial & error with a larger audience!!

.. said...

Looks delicious, although I have to admit the cupcake is what drew me in. Also, thanks for your comment on my blog!

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.