Please ignore his wheat laden Oreo Frosting topped
Confetti Cupcake that The Princess wanted to make him also....
FOCUS On the yummy wheat free "twix "bar!!
Gluten-Free Homemade Twin Bar Recipe
Makes ONE 12x8 disposable pan
(approx 24 "twix" size bars!)
- 3/4 c. rice flour (I used brown)
- 1/4 sorghum flour
- 1/4 c. potato starch
- 1/4 c finely ground flax seeds (optional)
- (If you want to make this WITH gluten, skip above and use 1.5 cups of all purpose flour)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. butter, cubed &softened slightly (slightly less if skipping flax seeds)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp Corn Syrup
- 3/4 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line disposable pan with parchment paper, enough to go up sides where you are able to grab it. This will come in handy when it is ready to cut then re-store.
- Add dry ingredients to food processor or bowl and puplse or whisk until well combined.
- Add butter and pulse or mix until it resembles crumbs.
- Press all into parchment paper lined pan and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Combine all filling ingredients into a non stick saucepan and stir constantly till it boils.
- Reduce heat to simmer and stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- Immediately after removing base from overn, pour over hot base, and spread evenly **CAUTION: THIS CAN BURN YOU BADLY!! PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!!**
- Melt chocolate in microwave (30 seconds at a time & stirring until melted) and pour over hot filling and spread evenly.
- Allow to cool in fridge until set (1-2 hours).