So I have been seeing in stores that Kellog's is marketing Rice Krispies as gluten free. Of course the first thing I thought was RICE KRISPY TREATS!!!!!! But I wanted to eat the 100% natural, whole grain, gluten-free brown rice puffs I bought first. I like them. Really. But I only eat them plain, straight out the canister - they get soggy in milk. So it's taking me a while.
Tonight Kaelyn was asking to eat a marshmallow so I pulled out the bag we got for camping of these HUGE marshmallows and they were labeled "Gluten-Free!" Maybe all marshmallows are gluten free?? I don't know, but my first thought was "Why don't I make RKT out of the cereal I have?"
First I pulled up the original recipe to get ratios right. 10 oz Marshmallows & 6 cups cereal. I weighed my marshmallows.. 1 OUNCE EACH!!! Like I said they are huge! Easy to remember.. 10 Marshmallows LOL! After measuring out 6 cups of my cereal into my pan I realized I'd need a bigger one.
I did this in the microwave and sprayed everything with non-stick cooking spray first, including your spoon, spatula ANYTHING that will touch the marshmallow.. makes everything SO much easier!
Gluten Free Marshmallow Rice Treats
- 3 TBSP butter
- 10 oz GF marshmallows
- 6 cups of your favorite GF rice puff cereal or new Kellogg's Rice Krispies Gluten Free Cereal
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- Spray a large microwave bowl lightly with non stick cooking spray.
- Put butter and marshmallows into the bowl and microwave for 2- minutes stirring every 30 seconds.
- When the marshmallow stirs smooth, add in your cereal and stir well until it is all combined.
- Pour into a 13-9 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and pat down with your sprayed hands or a rubber spatula.
- If you have princesses at home top with colored sugar sprinkles.
- Allow to cool and cut into desired sizes.
Did I wait on the "cooling" part? Of course not!