|Please ignore the fuzziness... I didn't realize the lens got steamed till it was too late!|
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (usually 2-3 breast pieces)
- 1 can of rotel/diced tomatoes with green chilis (They make a MILD heat one now for the faint of heart!)
- 1/2-3/4 c water
- 1 TBSP cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 oz. fat free cream cheese
- 2 oz (1/4 c) shredded cheese
- 3 cups COOKED brown rice (perfect to use up leftovers)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Coat chicken with cumin, salt & pepper, add to skillet (top side down) & cook until browned then flip and brown the other side.
- Pour Rotel and water over the chicken (water amount depends on how saucy you want your rice). Simmer over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to cutting board and cut on a diagonal to create strips, but not all the way through. We're going to "stuff" it with the tomato mixture for pretties :)
- Add cream cheese to the Rotel mixture and whisk until combined and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Reserve 2 good stirring spoonfuls of the mixture and add the rice to the rest. Stir to combine and pour into a 6x9 baking dish.
- Top with the chicken and spon the reserved tomato misxture over it, opening the slits to "stuff" it.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of your chicken & bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted & slightly brown.
- Serve :-)
PS: Just a reminder to my printables followers!, Nitro PDF allows you to type text into ANY pdf, save, and/or print it, or even create your own. Best of all... It's FREE!!! Check it out HERE. I'm not an affiliate, so I get nothing for sending you to it. I just love it and think you will too!