So, for fun's sake, I'm starting a "series" called Mixology. I'll start today with 2-3 seperate posts, then they'll come as I find something new!
I'll have the full list on my new Mixology page!
First post is something we've all used and really I am now wondering WHY I ever bought it: Sour Mix, or Sweet & Sour Mix. You know the stuff you use to make Amaretto sours and the like? SOOOOOOO easy to make!
Plus, it's the star in the first drink!
Ingredients (can be halved, doubled, or more to fit your needs!)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/3 cups sugar (working on a splenda/low cal option, too!)
- 2 cups lemon juice *see note*
- Bring sugar and water to a boil over medium high heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- Cool to room temp.
- Add juice.
- Pour into a container with a lid (a capped pour spout bottle works great!)
- Chill unused portions for several weeks.
Note: If you want a mix for margaritas, try lime. For a great all around mix, try half lemon, half lime. Make it yours!
Simple, Easy, TASTY!