Pages

20 September 2010

Beer braised pulled pork

My oven is STILL broken so I decided to try my hand at a crock pot pulled pork today. I My husband is in love and plannin on bringing a pot full to the next UFC gathering.. LOL!

Remember: Most recipes you can adjust things to your taste, but don't be afraid to try something new!



Ingredients
  • 2 lb pork roast (trim excess fat & cut into chunks)
  • Tony's or seasoning salt (enough to rub on meat)
  • 1 c beer (steal your hubby's beer before he finishes it the night before!)
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1/4 c mustard
  • 1/4 c honey
  • 1 pack real bacon bits or 1/2 lb bacon fried & crumbled
  • 1 c bbq sauce ( I used my leftover sauce from the Cheyenne Burgers
Directions:
  1. Toss it all in a crock pot and stir until combined and pork is well coated.
  2. Cook on high for 6-8 hours.
  3. Shred with 2 forks before serving on hamburger buns or crusty rolls.
I served it with a homemade potato salad and like I said the hubs devoured it!
Photobucket

0 comments:

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.