On another hand I have a friend in TN that is pregnant with twins, and tomato sauce just isn't appealing to her right now. So I asked for some ideas. Her mom had done this a few days ago, and I'm sure I didn;t do it quite right, but it came out good.
- 1 cup frozenseasoning blend
- 2-3 garlic cloves, or 1 heaping teaspoon of minced garlic
- splash of olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 tsp Original Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dried basil*
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme*
- another splash of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb whole grain pasta in your choice of shape. I used spaghetti.
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- Saute frozen seasoning blend and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add in ground meat & brown breaking into small pieces.
- Drain any fat from meat if necessary and return to pot.
- Add dried herbs and.another splash of olive oil.
- Stir well to distribute herbs and oil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low
- Meanwhile prepare a pot of water for boiling pasta, add boullion cubes and 1tsp of salt.
- When boiling add pasta (breaking if you prefer) and cook until al dente, as per package directions.
- Do not pour pasta cooking broth out, but drain pasta by using a slotted pasta spoon and add to meat mixture.
- Toss to combine, adding a few ladles of pasta cooking broth to add moisture.
- Serve with garlic bread and if you prefer add more broth to individual bowls.
Even Mr. Picky loved this and Kaelyn ate two servings. I also meant to add some peas into the dish and forgot.. NEXT TIME!!
*Note: If you use fresh instead of dried herbs, use 3-4x more and add them at the end of thge cooking process.