Pages

17 May 2009

Should I already be having a college meltdown?

I'm frustrated with myself. AND yes, to some my frustration is caused by a laughable offense. I officially have an 89B in my (Level 3/JUNIOR class level) Law and Society class. I get comments like "Great work. You covered A, B, and C, and detailed X, Y, Z. Keep up the good work!" And I get a B on that same essay.... I have 2 weeks of this class left and I will be SO GLAD when it is over. I think I'd feel more prepared for the workload and be doing better grade wise if I hadn't been shuffled into a Junior class as a Freshman... and if it wasn't so terminally boring...

On a good note, when this class finishes, (on Kaelyn's birthday June 2) I will officially be ending my Freshman Year of College!! That is a proper noun fully capitalized because it is a Big Deal to this 31 year old mother of two who never thought she'd ever get there.

Since I'm on an aggressive scheduling I'll be starting my Sophomore term about a week after that with ~GAG~ Algebra and Alternative Dispute Resolution. That one I am looking forward to because ultimately that is my field of choice.

Anyway,
I'm frustrated because I am trying to bust my ass to get into the Alpha Beta Kappa (ABK) Honors Society.. which requires 37 credit hours (I'll have 31 when this is over) AND a minimum 3.75 GPA to be offered membership. If My grade drops no further I'm lookingat ending my freshman year with a 3.8 so I am riding a rough edge going into my nemesis, algebra...

Until my next random message...
Anne

0 comments:

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.