Pages

11 August 2009

Breakfast Muffins

I found this recipe in a book read about basic household tasks, it said something like at a minimum one should know how to cook a few basic meals. Now while I can cook more than a few basic meals, I did try these muffins as an evening snack....they were such a hit I wound up making 2 batches that evening!

Each batch makes a dozen so feel free to double up! The first batch I used Special K with strawberries, and since that night I've used oatmeal, Special K with chocolate, and Special K Cinnamon Pecan. I'm sure you could use any of your favorite cereals and have this come out GREAT! Try 2 separate batches with different flavors for a yummy mix!

Tonight I'll be making Strawberry Special K again and a batch of oatmeal. I want enough for 2 days and for hubby to take to work to share :)

Breakfast Muffins
  • 1 c flour
  • 1 c instant oatmeal (try flavored!!)
  • 1/4 sugar
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 c milk
  • 1/4 c oil
  • 1 egg
Variation/Substitute:
  • 3/4 cup crushed cereal for the oatmeal
  • Up the flour to 1 1/2 c.
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Mix all together until just combined.
  3. Fill greased muffin tin wells 2/3 full.
  4. Bake for 20 minutes. They are not sugar filled so they may not brown. Do "toothpick test" or go by times.
  5. Allow to cool slightly before popping out the pan.

0 comments:

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.