Each batch makes a dozen so feel free to double up! The first batch I used Special K with strawberries, and since that night I've used oatmeal, Special K with chocolate, and Special K Cinnamon Pecan. I'm sure you could use any of your favorite cereals and have this come out GREAT! Try 2 separate batches with different flavors for a yummy mix!
Tonight I'll be making Strawberry Special K again and a batch of oatmeal. I want enough for 2 days and for hubby to take to work to share :)
- 1 c flour
- 1 c instant oatmeal (try flavored!!)
- 1/4 sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c milk
- 1/4 c oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup crushed cereal for the oatmeal
- Up the flour to 1 1/2 c.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all together until just combined.
- Fill greased muffin tin wells 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. They are not sugar filled so they may not brown. Do "toothpick test" or go by times.
- Allow to cool slightly before popping out the pan.