Pages

12 August 2009

Miserly Meal #6- Enchilitos

Another of Jonni's meals today, Enchilito, and this one really was a budget saver because I had refried beans & homemade cheese sauce in the freezer from last week.

I turned a bottle of ketchup from the pantry to into a bottle of taco sauce a few days ago (because I knew this recipe was coming up and I didn't have any....) I made a mess of the kitchen but it turned out ok, though a little thicker & sweeter than you'd think of a taco sauce... I think next time I'll try tomato sauce or canned tomato juice. I'll update you on that one when I get it right.

About 12¢ ber Enchilito or 48¢ per serving using my frozen things!! Just about $1 per serving using all store bought... still a HUGE bargain!

We went the microwave route and it was great.



Photobucket
Enchilito
  • 1 lbs ground meat ( I used taco flavored turkey burger)
  • 1/4 c flour
  • 1 t chili powder
  • 1/3 c diced onion
  • 4 cloves of pressed garlic
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/2 c water
  • 16 oz refried beans
  • 16 eight inch flour tortillas
  • 1 1/2 c taco sauce
  • 1 1/2 c grated cheese

Directions:
  1. Brown ground meat and drain.
  2. Add next five ingredients, and mix well.
  3. Add water and simmer 8-10 minutes until creamy.
  4. Warm beans.
  5. Put 3 T beans and 3 T beef on a tortilla and roll up.
  6. Arrange folded side down cover with sauce and cheese Microwave or bake until cheese is melted.

0 comments:

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.