It took him about 2 seconds to guess! LOL! It was his grandmother's pudding stuff... very close to banana pudding, as far as layers and cookies, and it is even what we usually call it... and she says they have added bananas befores... but there is nothing banana in the actual recipe LOL! Instant Lemon & Vanilla puddings are the stars with some yummy add ins taht make it so smooth... and RICH!! The family recipe is made in a huge stainless steal bowl because they had to have enough so grandpa could get some after the kids were all through :)
I quartered the recipe I think - so he could have some of his favorite without complaining about his belt :)
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 box instant lemon pudding
4 cups milk (to prepare pudding)
8 oz cream cheese
1 c (about) sweetened whipped cream (ie cool whip)
1 box nilla wafers
- Make puddings (in separate containers) and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Layer bottom of 9x9 baking pan (or equivalent pretty serving dish) with nilla wafers.
- In medium bowl soften cream cheese to room temperature until you can mash/whip with a whisk.
- Add vanilla pudding to whipped cream and whisk together until you have no lumps.
- Pour into dish over wafers.
- Stand nilla wafers along edges and push into pudding so they stand up to edge dish.
- Crush the rest of the nilla wafers and layer 1/2 on top of the vanilla pudding.
- Mix whipped cream into lemon pudding and layer over crushed nilla wafers.
- Top with remaining crushed wafers.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until served.
- Store in fridge (if it lasts that long). Cover with wrap when storing. It will pick up odd flavors if not.