Pages

14 May 2012

Meal Plan Monday May 14

Linking up with Laura @ OrgJunkie today!
Click the image to visit other meal planning bloggers!
PS. Getting on her website on Mondays is tough. Bandwidth issues.

With very few days until the move actually starts in earnest I've got to get back into meal planning so I can get the most tasks done with minimal effort.

I have packed up my kitchen, keeping out what I thought I would need and in cooking a full, SIMPLE meal on the stove I kept reaching for things I had packed up. So this week I'm going back to the crock pot - ALL WEEK!! I'm also using what is already in the freezer (less to move!) so that means lots of chicken!

Monday & Tuesday: Second Chance Meals Chicken Enchiladas & Enchilada Bean Soup
Wednesday: BBQ Rubbed Crock Pot Chicken
Thursday: Chuckwagon Stew
Friday: Four Bean Chili
Saturday: MOVING DAY #1! We'll eat somewhere, at some time... I promise?
Sunday: Leftovers or Creamy Farmhouse Garden Soup

I'll also be adapting a few of these recipes. I pulled these from OLD blog posts before we started eating healthier, so I am going to do my best to adapt them to something a litte more suotableto match teh P90X@ meal plan we've been eating.
  • Less salt (the BBQ Rub has 1/4 cup!!!!!)
  • Less fats (including whole milks, butters, & creams)
  • More whole grains, like brown rice, etc.
I'll update the recipes in a new post if I make any major changes, otherwise I'll just add a note to the original. :-)

Photobucket


0 comments:

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.