Pages

22 November 2009

Sunday Reflections

I'm rearranging my kitchen cabinets to make it more usable and to fit everything in the stand alone cabinet/pantry. To do that we have to do some repairs on drawer railings.... SO we emptied cabinets, took the drawers apart, and went to Home Depot.

Well, we tried.I had left my visor/mirror open last night and the battery was dead.. DEAD> Hadto go get Mr. Rodriguez to give us a jump, THEN we went to Home Depot. By that time it was time to cook, (see recipe below) and I'm glad I had planned on something quick. Yummy, too!!

So now I have a W-R-E-C-K-E-D kitchen and an awesome new recipe for you!

OH! My hubby bought me the Paula Deen Pie Board that doubles as a large cutting board. I LOVE IT!! I love him.. he's so awesome! I almost didn't get it. I usually put anything for me back, but he pulled the "Your birthday is next week" card and made me leave it in the basket. This morning I used it to cut potatoes and didn't have to stop after every one and move it to a disk,, tonight I am using it to hold my cooling racks while I make cookies.. I may sleep with it under my pillow.. I love it!!

UN-Stuffed Potatoes
Photobucket
The recipe calls for baked potatoes hulled out and refilled... No one eats the potato skins here so I overhauled everything.. starting with instant potatoes.

What you need:
  • 2 cups instant potatoes*
  • 2/3 c milk*
  • 1 lb ground meat
  • 1/2 cup seasoning blend
  • 1 c salsa
  • shredded cheese
  • 12 oz frozen mixed vegetables, microwaved 3 minutes
  • Seasonings to taste
What you do:
  1. Prepare potatoes per package instructions.
  2. Brown beef and seasoning blend. Drain. Return to skillet.
  3. On medium heat mix together: meat mixture, vegetables, salsa, and season to taste.
  4. Serve over mashed potatoes.
  5. Top with cheese.
Garlic bread would have been AWESOME with this!



0 comments:

...
© 2010-2012 Dreamer's Alcove by Anne M. Freitas. Powered by Blogger.